I am married to a sweet guy named Jeff. I don't have kids but our German Wirehair, Tuffy, keeps me busy.
I love fashion, going out to eat and sitting in a backyard around a fire. I sing karaoke- even though I'm an awful singer and I try to surround myself with good people who love to laugh.
Any veggies, pizza and even though I'm a vegetarian, every once in a while, I order the biggest slab of prime rib on the menu (medium rare)
Things I Can't Stand:
Rude people, uncomfortable shoes and wet lettuce (I'm a big salad person and if the lettuce hasn't been properly dried, it makes the dressing watered down and the entire salad gets soggy..GROSS!)
I don't have a favorite, but I do enjoy a good dive bar. Pool tables and dart boards are always a plus, oh- and the music should never be too loud unless there's a live band or it's a bar with a dance floor. I mean, seriously, why should we have to listen to some crappy old song blaring over the speakers when all I really want to do is hear the the conversation at the table. Then again- I do wear headphones everyday for work, so my hearing is probably less then fabulous.
Favorite Country Artists:
This is a tough one. For current artists- Eric Church, Zac Brown Band, Kip Moore and . I LOVE 90s country and Don Williams greatest hits is a go-to if I want a classic country fix.
I'm a speed walker. For anyone who doesn't know what that REALLY is, you're probably saying "so what?" But for those who've witnessed how truly idiotic it looks, let's just say, "you know what I'm talking about". I get laughed at and taunted on a daily basis.
I've taken up running in the last year and a half and have noticed the snickers from passersby stop if you're in a jog.
Adam Sandler is a long way from his days as a box office powerhouse, but that's not stopping studio execs from throwing money at the funnyman. With flops like Jack & Jill and That's My Boy, Sandler tops Forbes' "Most Overpaid Actors" list of 2013.
According to the magazine, Sandler earns $15 million per movie but delivers only $3.40 for every $1 paid.
Close behind is Katherine Heigl, who returns only $3.50 for every dollar paid.
Rounding out the top 5 are Reese Witherspoon, Nicolas Cage and Kevin James. FYI - Jennifer Aniston came in at number-eight.
Facebook has just put out its Year in Review, documenting the most-discussed topics of 2013. The worldwide Top 10 includes lots of stuff you might expect, such as Nelson Mandela and the royal baby. But topping the list is Pope Francis, who became Pope in March. Here's the full Top 10.
Facebook also ranked topics in a number of countries, including the United States. In America, the Top 10 was:
The top life events people posted online were: Added a relationship/got engaged/got married, traveled and moved.
(Photo courtesy of Getty Images)
This was written by Mina Khan of thoughtcatalog.com- it's very thoughtful and full of good advice...
1. Finding things you love doing is a very special process.
2. Waking up early is the best thing ever.
3. Mostly likely the things you plan on don’t actually happen.
4. It’s okay to sleep at 8 am and wake up at 6 pm.
5. People don’t owe you anything.
6. Kindness is probably the only thing that can actually bring change.
7. You can never have enough books, shoes, scented candles, or earrings.
8. Before deciding on wearing a long skirt, check the weather.
9. Unless it’s self-degrading/unhealthy for you, you should welcome all the phases in your life.
10. If you are tired of having the same kind of friends, you should join weird clubs.
11. This does not apply to those studying Art.
12. I have noticed that the person you are criticizing is almost always aware of his/her own demons.
13. You should never turn yourself into a victim. 14. The strongest people I have met are the ones who are both kind and ruthless.
15. There’s a difference between holding someone responsible for their ignorance, and constantly bringing up the ignorant things they said years ago. The latter is you being an ass.
16. There’s also a difference between not having on opinion on something because you have done extensive research on all the possible arguments and have thought about it a lot and are still unsure, and not having an opinion because you are too lazy to think about anything substantial. The latter is ignorance.
17. While it is important to not stay stuck in the past, you should always remember why you started and where you’re coming from.
18. As I progress in college, I have encountered two kinds of people. People who are ambitious like no one’s business and people who are okay with mediocrity. The latter are in abundance. The latter are also the ones I want to avoid and avoid being one of them.
19. Hard work pays off. Always.
20. And finally, “No matter how you feel… Get up. Dress up. Show up. And never give up.”
To read the full explanations behind each point (totally worth it) click here to read the article.